Traffic Count Program Management
AVID is a web-based system used to Analyze, Visualize, Integrate, and Disseminate traffic count data. Developed for the Colorado Department of Transportation, AVID enables users to select sites by type, location, AADT, or any other attribute, and then access detailed count data through interactive maps, tables, and charts.
Designed to integrate with TRADAS (Traffic Data System) by Chaparral Systems, AVID leverages the DOT’s extensive GIS infrastructure and services, and incorporates dedicated features and functions for bicycle and pedestrian count sites. AVID is used both by DOT staff and by the other members of the statewide Traffic Data Committee.
AVID consists of a number of modules:
- The Dashboard provides quick access to site and site summary data, including published AADT values, along with spatial and attribute queries.
- The ATR Detail module delivers annual, monthly, and daily/hourly data for any continuous count station in both chart and tabular form.
- The Short-Duration Detail module delivers raw count data in both chart and tabular form, along with derived and published site AADT values.
- The ATR Status module enables DOTs to monitor and report on the current and historical status of continuous count stations across the state.
- The Bike/Ped module delivers specialized counts and statistics for the state’s rapidly growing bicycle and pedestrian count program.
- The Process module documents and presents in graphical form the traffic data collection workflow and processes used by the state.
Eric Ziering 617-234-0508
Interchange Management System
Maintenance Budgeting System
MTA Bus Time