State-of-Good-Repair System for Transit Assets
The Program Guidance and Grant Evaluation System (PROGGRES) is a transit asset management system designed to predict capital asset replacement needs and assist in the development and evaluation of state-of-good-repair policies.
Originally developed for the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, PROGGRES includes simple yet effective models to forecast capital needs for all types of assets, including rolling stock, facilities, track, shelters, signage, maintenance equipment, and spare parts.
PROGGRES enables you to:
- Track any type of asset: rolling stock, shop materials, even maintenance facilities and office buildings.
- Take a regional approach to state of good repair by tracking assets owned by multiple agencies.
- Select service life models that reflect the life expectancy and impact of operating conditions on each asset type.
- Conform with FTA guidelines on asset classification and spare vehicle ratios.
- Use a 25-year planning horizon to reflect the costs of replacing long-lived assets like maintenance facilities.
- Separate backlogged vehicle replacement needs from ongoing needs, and incorporate information of rolling stock in the order pipeline.
- Export inventory, needs, and other reports to Microsoft Excel™, so you can easily incorporate results into reports and presentations.