State-of-Good-Repair System for Transit Assets
The Program Guidance and Grant Evaluation System (PROGGRES) is a transit asset management system designed to predict capital asset replacement needs and assist in the development and evaluation of state-of-good-repair policies.
Originally developed for the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, PROGGRES|CS™ includes simple yet effective models to forecast capital needs for all types of assets, including rolling stock, facilities, track, shelters, signage, maintenance equipment, and spare parts.
PROGGRES|CS™ enables you to:
- Track any type of asset: rolling stock, shop materials, even maintenance facilities and office buildings.
- Take a regional approach to state of good repair by tracking assets owned by multiple agencies.
- Select service life models that reflect the life expectancy and impact of operating conditions on each asset type.
- Conform with FTA guidelines on asset classification and spare vehicle ratios.
- Use a 25-year planning horizon to reflect the costs of replacing long-lived assets like maintenance facilities.
- Separate backlogged vehicle replacement needs from ongoing needs, and incorporate information of rolling stock in the order pipeline.
- Export inventory, needs, and other reports to Microsoft Excel™, so you can easily incorporate results into reports and presentations.